Guided hikes on the bee trail
You can easily explore the Paznaun bee trail on your own. However, if you’re looking for additional information to the facts provided on the info boards, you’d better ask the expert.
In this case, the expert is Gottlieb Jehle of the Kappl bee house, who regularly hosts guided bee hikes. The bee expert takes you on an educational hike from Kappl’s village square to the hamlet of Seichle and back – including plenty of fascinating facts on the useful little animals.
The guided bee hike at a glance:
- when: every Friday, 14:00
- where: meet up at Kappl’s village square
- duration: about 3 h
- suitable for: hobby hikers
- price: € 5 (kids up to and including the age of 10 go free)
- booking: until 12:00 at all information offices
Paznaun mountain honey
Propolis, beeswax, royal jelly … We owe many useful products to honeybees. However, the most popular one of all is probably the “golden sweet”: bee honey.
The busy bee colonies of the Paznaun valley are responsible for one of the region’s finest delicacies: Paznaun mountain honey. It has a particularly smooth taste and is a real treat. No insecticides or herbicides are used in the Paznaun valley’s agriculture – and this also has a positive effect on the mountain honey from the Paznaun region.
Did you know? The great taste of Paznaun mountain honey means a lot of work for the honeybees. After all, for one kilo of blossom honey, the bees first have to …
- … visit 5.6 million blossoms
- … cover an “air route” of 79,000 km
- … go on 250,000 “flower-scouting trips”
Quite impressive, don’t you think? But rest assured, the bees’ work is literally sweetened by the pure nectar and natural pollen of the Paznaun’s “bee delicacies”: dandelions, heather, alpine roses …
And pssst! Original Paznaun mountain honey tastes best when eaten right where it comes from: in the midst of Tyrol’s beautiful nature! For instance, on the sun terrace of one of the region’s numerous mountain huts …
You should visit the Paznaun’s educational bee trail, if …
- … hiking simply isn’t enough for you and you would like to inject your outdoor adventure with a shot of knowledge.
- … you are interested in bee protection and would like to learn more about the useful animals.
- … your little ones have always wanted to meet Maya the Bee in real life.
- … you would like to find out why the Paznaun mountain honey you have for breakfast tastes so delightful.
Sounds interesting? Discover many more hiking highlights for the whole family in Kappl!