This event has already taken place.
11th Paznaun Market Day
Discover the true taste of the region
Since 2007, the Paznaun region has been one of more than 100 “pleasure regions” in the whole of Austria. “Genuss Region Österreich” (“Pleasure Region Austria”) is a registered trademark and Austria’s biggest culinary initiative to get consumers closer to regional agricultural products and specialties. In addition, the initiative promotes specific culinary offers in the respective regions to bridge the gap between Alpine agriculture, gastronomy, the hotel industry and consumers.
Typical culinary specialties are not only a sign of regional enjoyment, but also of identity and belonging. In the Paznaun region, particularly, tourism and agriculture have always been closely connected. That’s evident not only through the many restaurants and huts processing their own agricultural products but also through the many mountain farms exclusively offering homemade specialties.
Regional delicacy: Paznaun Alpine Cheese
Paznaun Alpine Cheese is something like the flagship of the GenussRegion and an indispensable item on many a menu of a traditional Paznaun summer event. During summer, the regional specialty is produced by about ten local mountain farms and sold in many shops across the valley. Naturally, the delicious cheese also takes centre stage at the 11th Paznaun Market Day!
All about the 11th Paznaun Market Day
- When: August 31, 2019
- Time: 10:30 am
- Where: Florianparkplatz in Ischgl
- What: culinary treats in combination with relaxed sounds
- 10:30 am: Moving in with the Musikkapelle Mieming and the “Bürgermusik Zell am See” to the Florianparkplatz
- 11:00 am: Opening of the market day and the Oktoberfest by the guests of honor with cheese and beer tapping
- Followed by: appointment of the guests of honor, of the election cheese queen 2019
- 11:30 am: Morning concert with the music chapel Mieming
- 01:30 pm: Concert of the civic music Zell am See
- 03:00 pm: Show cooking with award-winning chef Martin Sieberer
- 03:30 pm: The "Burgschröfler" play on
- 08:30 pm: The highlight of the evening: the “INNSBRUCKER BÖHMISCHE” and Oktoberfest at the Nevada Alm
Save-the-date: In 2020, the market day will take place on Saturday, August 29, 2020
Did you know? Paznaun Alpine cheese also plays an important role at a very special regional event. Find out more about the International Alpine Cheese Olympics!