Welcome to the marmots’ realm! With a bit of luck, you can spot the cute animals all around the vicinity of the picturesque mountain lake. On top, you get marvellous views of the mighty summits of the Tyrolean mountain world, including breathtaking perspectives of the Hoher Riffler and the Blankahorn as well as of the valley below.
How to get to Lake Blankasee:
- Take Diasbahn cable car up to the mountain station.
- At Alpengasthof Dias, continue towards the turn-off to “Bergwiesen Kappl”.
- At the junction at Diasbach, take Trail No. 6a towards Rifflakopf – Edmund Graf hut and the mountain saddle.
- From there, continue along Jägersteig No. 6a and Kieler Höhenweg No. 511 towards Blankatal and Lake Blankasee.
Our tip: Bring enough food and drinks to recharge your batteries during this beautiful hike!
- For more details check out Tour K.13 of our hiking guide.