Green meets blue and pink – during a hike to Lake Grübelesee, the crystal-clear mountain water, the lush meadows and the blooming Alpine flowers compete against each other in a firework of colours. Surrounded by the most beautiful peaks of the Samnaun Alps, Lake Grübelesee is a mystical and enchanting sight and well worth the 1,200 vertical metres you have to climb to get there.
How to get to Lake Grübelesee:
- From Kappl village square, head to Kohlplatz and take Trail No. 17 up to Visnitz waterfall.
- At Rotwegkappelle chapel, follow the forest road to the “Panoramaweg” information board.
- Follow the marked forest trail to the “Grübelesee” turn-off.
- Continue along the flat trail and the Grübelebach stream to Lake Grübelesee.
Our tip: Don’t forget to pack some snacks and plenty to drink!
- For more details check out Tour 9 of our hiking guide.