Ski mountaineering is more than just a sport! It gives you the unique chance to explore the mountains, away from the crowds and without having to stand in the lift queue first. Become one with nature and find ski mountaineering happiness! However, it’s essential to bring the right equipment:
- The key piece(s) – your touring skis: Touring skis not only let you whiz down the mountain. Designed for off-piste usage, they are suitable for both climbing and skiing. Ask your sales assistant for special ascent or descent models!
- The right binding: A good binding can be essential for your climb. Similar to cross-country skis, only the tip of the boot is attached to the binding to keep the heel free to climb.
- Ski touring poles: The two poles are an important part of your equipment and should be solid, lightweight and length-adjustable.
- Footwear: The differences between ski touring boots and ordinary ski boots are small but vital. Make sure to choose a flexible model with well-adjusted outer shell and inner boot.
- Ski touring skins: A vital part of your ski mountaineering outfit! During the climb, the skins are attached to the undersides of your skis to prevent them from sliding backwards.
- The special extra – crampons: In harsh, icy conditions, crampons are attached to your bindings to prevent sliding.
- Safety equipment: As safety always comes first, you should always carry the following in your airbag pack: avalanche transceiver, shovel and torch.